About ANHUI Medical University
Interesting Facts About Anhui Medical University in Hefei, Anhui Province, China
- Hefei is the capital and largest city of Anhui Province, People’s Republic of China.
- It is the political, economic, and cultural center of Anhui.
- The prefecture-level city of Hefei administers 9 county-level divisions, including 4 districts, 1 County-city and 4 counties.
- Hefei’s total area is 11,434 km²
- Its population was 7,965,300 as of 2017.
- The Hefei Mosque was first built in the Hongwu Period, Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). It is a sizable, beautiful and well-structured Muslim temple which services as the community for Muslim people to impart religious knowledge and do prayer.
- Located in the central portion of the province, Hefei is a natural hub of communications.
- The city has gone through a growth in infrastructure in recent years.
- Modern-day Hefei has machinery, electronics, chemistry, steel and textile, among others.
- Hefei is the location of Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak, an experimental superconducting tokamak magnetic fusion energy reactor.
Hefei is a world leading city for scientific research, with its ranking placed at 20th globally and 6th in China, as tracked by the Nature Index in 2021.
- Hefei features a humid subtropical climate with four distinct seasons.
- Hefei’s annual average temperature is 16.19 °C.
- Winters are damp and cold, with January lows dipping just below freezing and January averaging 2.8 °C.
- The city sees irregular snowfalls that rarely turn significant.
- Springs are generally relatively pleasant if somewhat erratic.
Major Attraction Points in Hefei
- Hefei Swan Lake
- Xiaoyaojin Park
- Bao Zheng’s Ancestral House of Anhui
- Anhui Museum
- Former Residence of Li Hongzhang
- Huiyuan Garden
- Hefei Botanical Garden
Crime rates in Hefei, China
Level of crime
Crime increasing in the past 3 years
Worries home broken and things stolen
Worries being mugged or robbed
Worries car stolen
Worries things from car stolen
Worries being insulted
Worries being subject to a physical attack because of your skin color, ethnic origin, gender or religion
Problem people using or dealing drugs
Problem property crimes such as vandalism and theft
Problem violent crimes such as assault and armed robbery
Problem corruption and bribery
Safety in Hefei, China
Safety walking alone during daylight
Safety walking alone during night
Note: If the value is 0, it means it is perceived as very low, and if the value is 100, it means it is perceived as very high.
Important links for more info: