Anhui University, the province’s sole significant comprehensive university, is situated in Hefei, the lovely capital city of Anhui Province.
Anhui University, founded in 1928 in Anqing and relocated to Hefei in 1958, is now an increasing higher education institution backed by the government under the State “211 Project.”
Anhui University features four branch campuses and one scientific and technology business park, totaling over 207 acres of magnificent landscape and excellent campus environment. Anhui University offers 26 schools (departments), 77 undergrad specialties, 148 postgraduate degree courses, 48 Doctoral programs, and 5 Research Scientist Centers, among other fields. The University employs 1500 faculty members, more than 800 of them are professors or associate professors, and 28 are short-term engaged academics and specifically appointed professors. The student population exceeds 31000, including 21000 undergraduate students and 6000 postgraduate students.
The university places a high value on international collaboration and interaction. It has now signed partnerships with 97 foreign institutions. It started accepting international students in 1980. The Ministry of Education has granted permission to recruit overseas students who are recipients of Chinese government scholarships. In 2000, the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council named it as a Teaching Base for Chinese Language and Culture. Anhui University now has students from over 45 nations in Asia, America, Europe, and Africa studying there, where many cultures live in peace.
Over the past few years, Anhui University (AU) has expanded its international reach by establishing strong ties with academic institutions in more than 30 countries and regions, including the United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Australia, Thailand, and many others. It actively encourages interaction in scientific research and the development of top-tier talent, speeds up the pace of scholarly travel, and magnifies the degree to which the world is becoming increasingly interconnected.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4 is required;
- Exchange students are expected to have adequate English or Chinese proficiency for daily communication and course instruction in either Chinese or English in class.
- Good health condition.
Required Application Documents:
- Application form
- A scanned copy of a passport that is valid at least until the end of September of the application year;
- A previous academic transcript authorized by the authority of the home university;
- Formal recommendations from one’s home university;
- Medical examination report;
- If applicable, an English or Chinese language certificate.
- Passport-sized e-photo/
- Verify that the courses you want to take at AHUT are taught in the language you are proficient in. If your Chinese language proficiency is insufficient for you to study alongside Chinese students, please check and see if there are majors and courses taught in English before submitting an application.
- Download the application form;
- Sign and date the application form.
- Prepare the required application documents;
- Scan the signed application form and other application documents and send them to your home university’s coordinator.
- The coordinator of the applicants’ home university sends all students’ application forms and documents to the coordinator of the AHU exchange program for international students. (Till the deadline.)
- AHU receives application forms and documents from partner university coordinators.
- AHU Admission Committee members evaluate application documents and, if necessary, conduct interviews with applicants.
- AHU announces the evaluation results and sends the names of admitted students to partner universities.
- AHU delivers admission paper documents to the coordinator of the student exchange program of partner universities.
|Accommodation Fee||Double-bed room; 2000 CNY/Year Single-bed room; 3500 CNY/year|
|Physical Examination Fee||400 CNY (to be paid to Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau)|
|Medical Insurance Fee||800 CNY/year (paid to insurance company)|
|Resident Permit||400 CNY/year (paid to entry-exit Administration Bureau)|
|Books||Around 500 CNY/ year|
|Living Expenses||Around 1000 CNY/month (varies to personal budget)|
- The year here refers to the academic year at the university. All fees are payable in either CNY or USD.
- Accommodation Conditions: Bedrooms are equipped with a bed, desk, bookshelf, refrigerator, air conditioner, wardrobe, private bathroom, and balcony. There are public kitchens and dining rooms on each floor, as well as coin-operated washing machines. The accommodation fee does not include electricity or internet charges.
- Fees may be revised annually in accordance with the current global economic situation.